Image Source: https://www.draydinarslan.com/en/diseases-using-ozone-therapy/
Ozone Therapy is a type of Regenerative Medicine, involves ozone gas, which is made up of three oxygen molecules (O3), into the tissue. The ozone quickly breaks apart and oxygenates the surrounding tissue and mitochondria.
Three key benefits:
1. It enhances tissue repair by increasing oxygenation and ATP production.
2. It prompts the body to release other naturally regenerative biochemicals such as stem cells, growth factors, cytokines, collagen, and peroxides. Research has indicated that ozone therapy increases oxygen absorption in the mitochondria by 1,000%.
3. Kills viruses, bacteria, fungus, and abnormal cells.
What to Expect with Ozone Therapy?
When ozone gas is injected, a burning sensation in the injected area can be expected to last for 1-2 minutes. This is followed by a period of soreness, which in 60% of cases lasts only a few minutes, in 30% of cases lasts the rest of the day, in 9% of cases lasts up to 48 hours, and in 1% of cases lasts for more than 48 hours. For 7-10 days following the ozone injection, the tissues and the body as a whole will be in an increased state of healing and repair. So, even though some achiness may be felt during that time, it does not mean that the ozone therapy is not working effectively. For pain relief, you can apply gentle massage to the treated area. Avoid taking NSAIDs such as aspirin or ibuprofen for 24 hours after treatment, Omega 3 supplements are permitted.
What are the Conditions that can be Treated with Ozone Therapy?
Ozone therapy has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of conditions including chronic pain, arthritis, and autoimmune diseases.
• It has also been used to improve circulation, boost the immune system, and detoxify the body.
• Ozone therapy has been found to be particularly beneficial for individuals suffering from joint and back pain, as well as for those who have suffered from sports injuries.
• Ozone therapy has been shown to be effective in treating skin conditions such as eczema, acne, and herpes simplex.
• It has also been used to improve oxygenation and energy levels in the body, which can help to alleviate symptoms of fatigue, depression, and stress.
• Ozone therapy has been found to be effective in treating respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
• In addition, ozone therapy has been used to improve digestive health and treat conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and colitis.
• Ozone therapy is also being researched for its potential to help improve recovery after surgery and to treat certain types of cancer.
Searching for Ozone Therapy Services in Oklahoma?
If you’re interested in trying Ozone Therapy or a similar Regenerative Medicine procedure, reach out to us. The experts at Legacy Chiropractic, led by Dr. Kim Hester, are knowledgeable about the procedures and their benefits.
Contact us at 405-735-6754 for additional information or schedule a consultation.
If you’d like to increase your quality of life and revitalize your health… naturally, we have a valuable offer for you!
We provide a FREE consultation for you to determine what is going on and if we can help before you make any financial commitment to treatment. There is NO OBLIGATION!
Dr. Hester is in network with BlueCross BlueShield, Health Choice, Aetna and Medicare
You Deserve To Feel Great.
We Can Help Your Go -To Chiropractor in Oklahoma City!